Friday, June 22, 2012

Red Wing Recap

Hmmmmmmm.....Let's see, how do I sum up Red Wing? Well it sucked basically. Weird though because I felt the best I ever have before a Mtn bike race, and I had the best start I ever have had in a Mtn bike race. I sat right near the back of the group and by the time we hit the singletrack I was about 6th or 7th wheel. Over the next 4-5 miles I was able to pass those 5-6 riders and catch the leader. The leader and I yo-yo-ed back and forth for the next lap and then I felt sprinkles. No problem I thought, I will just take it slow and ride to finish. I knew with the rain that I was not going to catch the leader and pass at this point. Boy did I take it slow. The rain did evil things to the course on the last lap and I walked allot of it. It was ridiculously muddy and greasy. It got the best of me, all of me in fact. But I hate quitting more than I dislike pushing my bike uphill and skiing downhill on my shoes because I cannot walk (forget riding). As I did that on the last lap, I watched about 30 some riders go past me. Some riding, some walking too. Not sure what I placed yet though cause the results did not even have me as entering the race. Have to get that cleared up, it is valuable team points.

Wish I was doing Cheq 100 this weekend, but work calls and I need more miles in the legs anyway. Next year fo sure! That's all right tho, after work on Sat I'll take the road bike out for about oh 4 hrs and thrash myself. Here's to f#%@!ng mud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

porco cane

No comments:

Post a Comment